Welcome to ONE Author. We are excited you are considering to become a ONE Correspondent! Please review this page and contact us for further questions.
Guidelines for submitted articles are:
- Articles must be news-worthy, timely; relevant; educational and informative.
- Article must be between 1,500-2,000 words.
- Articles must be original and not have been published previously or be under consideration by another publication.
- Advertorial, commercial or sales articles will not be accepted. While we appreciate cutting edge articles on topics which can include new ideas and new marketing concepts, our readers wish to be educated and not sold.
- Articles should not mention the author’s name or company’s name.
- You have the option to include a 500 word (maximum) bio that will appear after your article where you can mention your name or your company’s name.
- Articles cannot be an advertisement, promotional material, press release or include excessive self-promotion.
- Include a high-resolution author photo (headshot) sent in separate file format, not embedded in the document when you submit your article.
- Photos, charts, graphs and other graphics can be included.
- Articles submitted must be final draft — no rough drafts please – in a Microsoft Word format. Please do not leave “Track Changes” on the document or send the document with edits or comments.* Please use bullets for important facts.
- Include use of sub-headers.
- Individual articles are copyrighted by ONE HealthCare Worldwide News™. Users are forbidden to reproduce, republish, redistribute, or resell any materials from this publication without permission of ONE HealthCare Worldwide News™.
For permissions and other copyright-related questions, please email your question to:
ONE HealthCare Worldwide Team
ONE Correspondents’ Team specializes in rights-based and in-depth, health and science journalism. ONE Correspondents are voluntary non-paid citizen journalists, bloggers, media personnel, writers, or people with experiential and lived knowledge of conditions such as HIV, TB, among others. They come from over 20 countries (mostly in Asia-Pacific and African regions). ONE Correspondents have something to say on issues they feel for or are affected by in their daily lives. Together they help document local realities and give a voice to the voiceless.
Self-motivated writers (see above for what it means to be a ONE Correspondent) should read the following documents before sending their request to become a ONE Correspondent.
Although no monetary compensation is given in any form to any ONE Correspondent, still there are a mosaic of benefits which they enjoy – as they:
- Get support with media registration at health and development conferences
- Are first considered for media and communication projects of, a division of ONE
- Are first considered for on-site conference coverage assignments at national, regional or international health and development conferences
- Get free mentoring, editing, publishing and syndication support
- Get a free online profile with their photograph, brief bio and links to their articles
- Get free registration for e-Media Dialogues on health
- Get preference for annual ONE Health Fellowship Certificate Program
- Get access to all their articles published on ONE at a single click
- And a lot more!
ONE Correspondents contribute at least one news article every six months based upon interviews with key affected populations among other stakeholders. We are not looking for opinionated articles. The status of ONE Correspondents is reviewed every quarter. Those Correspondents who have not contributed any article which got published on ONE, will automatically seize to enjoy above-mentioned benefits (including ONE Correspondents’ professional email address). However their articles will continue to remain online so that they can access them at a single click!
ONE Special Correspondents contribute one article per month or more, and are also commissioned to do specific news stories.
ONE Columnists are distinguished and experienced columnists who contribute opinionated or editorial articles upon our request.
ONE journalists, bloggers or voluntary community correspondents from different backgrounds are encouraged to submit news feature articles, based upon interviews (opinionated articles should be avoided) with key affected populations and other stakeholders, on health and development issues, to ONE News Service (ONE), by email to: ONE@ohww.org. But before submitting, please read the ONE Content Submission Policy and Agreement, because sending your article to editor@ONE@ohww.org (or to any of ONE core-team members) means that you agree to the following ONE Content Submission Policy and Agreement:
By submitting your article or news features (“Content”) to Citizen News Service (ONE), Author or Contributor (“You”) agrees to these terms and conditions (“Agreement”).
ONE reserves the right to change all or any part of this Agreement at any time. If Author or Contributor does not agree, then Author must not submit any Content to ONE. We ask that you read the terms of this Agreement with ONE carefully.
You agree that:
- You have the full power and authority to enter into this Agreement;
- You are the copyright owner of the news or feature article or photographs, and all due informed consent was taken with every person interviewed/ photographed for your article (including informing the person interviewed that this will be published through ONE and other channels);
- Your Content is well-written and devoid of grammatical, spelling, punctuation, and other language errors; please ensure the terminologies used in news or feature articles are rights-based and respectful (for HIV related terminologies, ONE uses UNAIDS’ Terminology Guidelines, please follow it).
- The Content (including photographs) you submit for publication on ONE will not violate or infringe the rights, including intellectual property rights, of any person or third party;
- Submission of any Content to ONE does not in any way guarantee that Content will be published or will appear on the website and/or be syndicated through ONE;
- ONE can delete any Content at any time, without any notice to the Author;
- Your news or feature article must be positive, evidence-based and factual. It should not promote hatred, racism, bigotry, or contain libelous, defamatory, illegal, violent, harmful, obscene, and/or sexual statements;
- Your news or feature article should not contain unfounded controversies, innuendoes, accusations, false claims and other unlawful and untruthful statements;
- You will not submit any Content that contains any malicious (website- or software-related) code which may interrupt the normal operation of the website.
- ONE reserves the right to reject any article for any reason;
- You will disclose your true identity whenever asked, and not impersonate any person or entity, or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- ONE has no obligation to pay you a fee for publishing your article. If you are seeking payment for the use of your article, please do not submit your article to us. ONE is a network of voluntary citizen journalists who write on people-centric issues and it does not pay any contributor.
- ONE may publish advertisements on the page(s) containing your article;
- ONE does not accept any responsibility or liability for the use or misuse of articles published on this website as all our Content is shared under Creative Commons (CC) Attribution License, and anyone is welcome to use it in part or full;
- You grant ONE the worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive right to publish, translate and distribute the Content in any media in part or full; include the Content in advertising and promotion; include the Content in electronic, print, and non-print products anywhere in the world;
- As an Author or Contributor, you agree to be bound by our Terms of Service and Disclaimer;
If you do not agree or are not clear about the above mentioned content submission policy and agreement of ONE, please do not send your article to firstname.lastname@example.org (or any ONE team member) before clarifying and agreeing to the above stated agreement. Contact us email with any clarification needed. Do not submit content unless you agree with the above guidelines.
This privacy statement is applicable to Citizen News Service (ONE) – (www.1ohww.org, all sub-domains of ohww.org, onehealthcareworldwide.com)
ONE does not collect personal information about individuals except when such individuals specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis. For example, such personal information may be gathered in connection with content submissions. Personal information on individual users will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties.
Articles written by authors will have a byline of that author and this information is in public domain, intended to be published along with the articles. Authors, who do not want their byline or any information in their byline (like email address or their organizational affiliation etc) to be in public domain, should not share that information with us. ONE does not publish anonymous articles and every article is published and/or syndicated with the name of the author and other details author has submitted to ONE such as byline and/or photograph.
ONE reserves the right to perform statistical analyses of website-user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site and to inform advertisers of such information as well as the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their advertising banners.
Users are also being aware that non-personal information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of ONE‘s internet servers or through the use of “cookies.” “Cookies” are small text files a website can use to recognize repeat users, facilitate the user’s ongoing access to and use of the site and allow a site to track usage behaviour and compile aggregated data that will allow content improvements and targeted advertising.
ONE reserves the right to change this policy at any time and the new privacy statement will be made available on the ONE website – (www.ONE@ohww.org, all sub-domains of ONE@ohww.org).
This statement and the policies outlined herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any party.